Designer for a Day
Classes + Speaking
Trade Membership Application
You are here:
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Gate Code / Special Instructions
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Please choose your municipality (for tax purposes)
Has existing landscaping
Is new construction (blank slate)
Do you have measurements of your site?
I would like my site measured by a representative of Boxhill Design
I have accurate site measurements
How often do you live in your home?
Part-time, during the following months:
As a part-time resident, when do you live in your home?
1. Please choose the look or design that would best describe your style preference for the exterior of your home. For this, you may want to consider both the current style of your exterior, and the interior decor of your home.
– This look is a combination of native, desert plants and colorful flowers – cacti, agaves, and succulents grow in harmony with wildflowers and blooming shrubs. Plants appear randomly placed. The look is very natural and unintentional, yet it is actually a well-planned landscape design.
Mediterranean / Southern Californian
– This look provides a lot of color for desert dwellers who miss lush, green foliage. Palms, yuccas, agaves, and bougainvilleas combine to create a true oasis in the desert. This look utilizes trellises and sun screening, along with citrus trees and other plants that stay green year-round.
– This style uses only plants and trees which are native to the Sonoran Desert. Cacti, ground cover, and tree blooms provide vibrant, seasonal color. Although this design will start on irrigation, the goal is to remove it completely from supplemental water in 1 ½ to 3 years. This style is an excellent choice for those who desire a low-maintenance, uncomplicated outdoor space.
– A clean style that is punctuated with straight lines, geometric architecture, and repetition. This style works well with homes built in this style, whether they be new construction, or mid-century modern. This look is disciplined, yet it is highly individualistic in style.
2. Please check any outdoor activities you would like to incorporate into your landscaping
Sports (golf, volleyball, basketball)
Outdoor Sound System
3. Please check any landscape features you would like to incorporate into your landscaping.
Pet House/Pet Runs
4. Are there any areas of your yard that require screening for privacy, or from the sun? Also, please list any views that you’d like to preserve.
5. Please note the approximate location of any gas lines, electric lines, or water lines.
6. Please note any areas which contain poor soil, standing water, erosion, or existing drainage issues.
7. Please list any plants that you would like to incorporate into your landscape design.
8. Please list any plants that you particularly dislike, or do not wish to incorporate into your landscape design. Additionally, please list any plant allergies that you may have.
9. Are there any special consideration that you would like us to incorporate into your design plan (i.e. pool ramps, hand rails, etc.?)
10. Please indicate how much time you are willing to dedicate to yard maintenance:
None (or will contract this out)
Less than 4 hours per month
4 to 8 hours per month
More than 8 hours per month
11. Please discuss your “comfortable” budget range for this project.
12. Have you had any previous experience with a landscape design project? If so, which parts of that experience did you particularly like or dislike?
13. Are you working with an architect or builder? If so, please fill in their contact information (name, address, phone number, and email) so that we may contact them directly for AutoCAD files of your home and/or lot.
14. Is there anything else that you would like to mention that wasn’t previously addressed in this questionnaire?
15. Will you be needing a pool or spa design?
16. Are you working with a pool or spa company? If so, please list the name of the company, and the name of your sales representative, if able.
17. Please upload any Home Owners Association guidelines, a copy of your plot plan (showing how your house is positioned on your lot) and/or any photographs of your existing space.
Drop files here or
Accepted file types: jpg, gif, pdf.
18. What is your time frame for completing your landscape project, and approximately when would you like to begin this process?
19. Please include a link to your Houzz Idea Book.
20. Please include a link to your inspiration Pinterest board that reflects your style
21. How did you discover Boxhill Design? (Personal referral, seminar/class, magazine, etc.)
Thank you for taking the time to help us serve you better.