Once a year for the last 6 years, I’ve been driving to Newport Beach to visit family. Every single time I made the road trip out there from Arizona, I passed this cute little boutique-y cottage, of garden designer Molly Wood, and never made it in. So this day I finally made my family stop the car and and get myself into this sweet little house, my intention was to just “pop in” and take a quick peek around. This did not happen. I walked into a wonderland of garden design ~LOVE~ I stayed for an hour just admiring the work of Molly Wood.
Let me just say – I LOVE MOLLY WOOD! I love the brand, I love the the items, and I love the designer. Everything about this Molly Wood is brilliant. I dragged my husband through the store, attempting to convince him that if he loved me, he would buy me every item. Unfortunately for me, my persuasion methods and pouty face have no longer work after 7 years.
Why dont I know her? How could I have not seen her in Sunset Magazine? Unfortunately, she wasnt in her office , but all her staff were sweet and helpful. So let me tell you some of the reasons why I’m obsessed with this brand:
- The House/Studio/Retail Space :As I said before, how I would drive by this adorable little adobe cottage-style house that drew me in as a consumer. This house serves as her personal studio, housing her outdoor product samples and nursery. The beauty is in the details – the kitchen, the tile, the bathrooms. EVERYTHING IS AMAZING!
- The Outside. Molly Wood has a nursery in the garage. The Front and backyard are set up in little vingettes , so you can actually visualize her creativity at work. There are cool pots, sculptures, little outdoor areas, lighting, and a couple fountains dispersed throughout the premises.
- The Store. Let me tell you there wasn’t one thing that I didnt want to buy. She has great taste. Seriously, everything was beautifully placed.
- The Studio. The designer’s work area made me swoon, immediately followed by pangs of jealousy. Yes, I am prone to that greened eyed monster, but I have found a way to now control it, I know longer compete, instead I connect by gushing all over her on my blog. It was organized, throbbing with work and you could tell this company has a heartbeat."
- The Designer. Her name is literally Molly Wood. I’m not making this up! The name is literally a reflection of her. Maybe one day I’ll have a house full of Molly Wood, but for now I can just dream about the brand’s wonderful designs.
If you are ever in Newport and have an opportunity to stop by, run over to Molly Wood and see for yourself the brilliant designs. I promise you won’t be disapointed, and you’ll probably see why I’m in love with this brand. It’s going to inspire you to redesign your life, as it did to me. Please now take yourself to www.Mollywoodgardendesign.com and make yourself a little happier today.